Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lazy and frustration

We are fast becoming really spoiled and lazy. This laziness could become addictive fast. We are enjoying having no committments. But I do feel this could be a problem with older people. We need committments, we need to be doing something constructive. If I stayed here or anyplace in a retirement setting I think I'd volunteer somewhere or get a little job. Something that would fit my hours (late morning hours.)

Thursday I didn't do much of anything. We were going to a chicken bbq for supper and we had to bring "a dish to share". I made a salad so I sat outside in the sun and cracked pecans for it. It cost us each $3 and we each got a 1/2 chicken and lots of sides/deserts. It was pretty good. We brought home Phil's 1/2 chicken and my salad was gone. End of the month the park has a pig jig roast. This RV Park has alot of things going on.

Friday I went to brunch with my cousins Linda and Bev and my aunt (there mom) Esther. Had a great visit we sat and talked for 3 hours. It was great-we will go to church Sunday and then out to eat with their families.

This is where my frustration comes in-I'm trying to find walking shoes. Something with a toe in them to keep gravel out. I have worn Birks for forever and my feet have spread. I'm not excited about putting my foot into a full shoe so I thought I'd just go with clog like shoes first. Well New Balance (who claims they can fit any foot) couldn't so they sent me to another store, Alans Shoes couldn't and they sent me to SAS Shoes. They had a clog but I think I want a tennis shoe. Ooh me Oooh my. I'm walking twice a day and riding my bike at least once a day.

We had supper with another couple from TK. They were working in the area and called and we made a date. We never get to see other TK people so it is nice when we can. We hear alot of "office gossip". This is a nice couple who have been with TK for a few years more than us and now work part time. Filling in for techs on vacation. We are considering doing this also. It was a fun evening.

It got up to 79 yesterday. The air is dry and causing my nose to bleed. It is cold at night and hot during the day-these changing temps is giving me a cold I think. Aren't we funny creatures -we complain no matter what. And I broke a finger nail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MARILYN I THINK THAT YOUR DOING A BLOG AND SHARING YOUR PHIL'S TRAVELS IS GREAT. THANKS BEL

Anonymous said...

mom yours is the first blog I check daily- you don't wnat to know how many I read- I must live my life through others :)
Michelle