Friday, January 9, 2009





Haven't been able to get internet sorry so late on this but here we go.
We left VC around 11 on Jan 06,2009 excited but sad. I think Ivy said it when she came home from school "Well there trailer isn't here so I guess they are really gone." Yep we are gone made it to Liberal and then had to fill up the fridge with Braums milk and the truck with fuel. Then we drove on into Tucamcari, NM about 9pm stayed with 4 other RV'ers at a K-Mart.
Jan 07 we headed to Roswell,NM saw our first snow covered mountain (later we found out it is called "El Captain"). We crossed the Pecos River as in the old cowboy movies we were now "West of the Pecos". Went to the visitors center and found all the museums to see and where to stay the night. We first went to the Robt H Goddard museum father of the rocket. It was really quite interesting (that is the first rocket sorry I haven't figured out how to place my pictures).


Then we went to the Bottomless Lakes State Park. Very nice place to stay and beautiful sunsets.

Phil went to the UFO museum (I'll send a picture when I figure it out on how to place them) When I asked him what he thought about it he said what can you expect at a UFO museum. haha

We had a great day with a beautiful sunset to end it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can now post i hope

Anonymous said...

I know I have been to the desert but don't really remember. I think that would be frustrating as a parent to have all these great vacations and the kids not remember them as adults. Of Corse it could be just me and MY bad memory. I do vaguely remember a big sandy area, not in the desert but maybe southern Colorado... White sands or painted sands... I don't know. Enjoy it there, Laramie is always trying to get me to go southwest but I don't know about someplace without trees or rain.
Michelle