Tuesday, January 13, 2009


I'm learning alot about Tucson. These are just a few things that I know:


-The sky is so BLUE I mean pretty BLUE

-There is no water in the big river that runs thru Tucson

-They play fresbee in that dry bed

-You can make u-turns at most intersections

-There Left turn signal flashes after the green light

-There Left turn signal flashes before the green light

-That's right it is so confusing to me

-You start the day with long sleeves, strip and end with long sleeve

-Beautiful weather

-They have awesome sunsets

-They have lots of castus

-Good mexican food

-They have a Golden Corral


Spent the day with Linda and Johnny yesterday. She is doing so good just after 1 1/2 week post surgery. Her stomach was actually in her throat. Now she can eat citrus, tomatoes but can't eat meat and breads yet. Has drs appt Thurs. Both her and Johnny look great and we had a super day talking and talking and talking. I'll send pictures when I take them (I was lax on taking pictures yesterday).


Our vacation was extended so we are now off until 2/16. No plans for today but I bet Phil will be on his motor cycle when it warms up alittle bit. More relatives to visit and more places to see, but we do have a couple weeks left.
Yes, Loni we sometimes feel we are on vacation all the time with our job, but, I can honestly tell you----we are on vacation now. I like this one better. love ya



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are GREAT! I don't know why I was only getting your blog from Christmas, but I did something different, and now see the whole thing. I'm so glad you're keeping it up. It's fun to follow your journey. Tell all the relatives hi, and we'll see you when you get back. Love, Patty

Anonymous said...

So you like this vacation better than your other vacation? I thought you took your vacations at home or are you talking about the vacation you take when you are working/sightseeing. I just realized your whole life has turned into one big vacation. You are so LUCKY!!!!

I'm with Michelle the only sand I remember are the sand dunes, weren't they in Colorado? And I know Dad likes to say one of us went to the Grand Canyon (when you were pregnant). hahahaha

Michelle is here- now we are having memory arguements. when did we (or did I not go, or did Michelle not go, or were we both old enough and maybe we really do remember it) go to the indian cliff dwellings- where were they?

Becki

Andie said...

I'm glad you are taking up blogging again. Mine is suffering along with most everything in my life with the addition of the teaching...by the end of the day I have no energy! Hopefully I will be getting a bunch of Disney pics and stories up SOON!! Glad to see you are having a good time!! I really enjoyed the weather in Florida!! It is so hard to come back here to COLD KS!!! I wanna wear flip-flops and go swimming again!!
Love ya-Andie