Sunday, January 8, 2012

First day of travel 1-7-12


We have had to delay our trip to Az for one reason or the other since winter 2011. We retired from TK Hearing Group Jan 2010. Phil hadn't been feeling good and just didn't enjoy the job anymore. I had my right rotator cuff repaired, Phil had a heart stint, I fell and broke my L3, mom had some set backs and then Daddy died 12-26-10. The summer I had with him I will always be thankful for. Let's just say 2010 was a hard year. Then 2011 started and March 3rd Phil's father died and on May 26th Momma died. Phil had kidney stones and he thought he was having chest pains again but after testing they decided it was his sleep apnea giving him trouble. I had my left rotator cuff repaired and then our truck developed an oil leak. Oh well we left for Az any way after it was in the shop for over a week.
We had to stop and eat at Connies before leaving town but then we were on our way.
Our first stop for the night was in Dalhart, Tx in a Alco parking lot with a couple other 5th wheel. Even though we had our own bed to sleep in we didn't get much sleep. I think it must have been the excitement of our trip. We had great traveling weather and the traffic was good.
I just liked this picture. No special reason. Kinda remined me of Kansas. Could I be possibly missing my home already. No way.

What a way to end a great day. This beautiful sunset going thru Ok panhandle into Tx. I decided that because we had to delay our trip because of our truck and not knowing from day to day when we would get to leave enhanced my excitement for the trip and I was actually excited about going.

Cambree was singing a song about missing G-ma last time I spoke with her today which says it all. Yes I do miss my family a lot.

5 comments:

Barbara Lyda said...

Hi Marilyn, looks like at least this time I am able to read your blog. Thanks for sharing. Mom is able to get pictures on her phone and if she wants to get on the computer. She just doesn't very often. I will show her this and maybe she will be interested enough to try it! Safe Travels!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! The sunset is beautiful. Keep them coming. I now know when there are no photos it is because you were driving. ha. Glad you are so excited. I will have to tell you about Asa's wrestling.

A.J. Bricks said...

Marilyn and Phil, God Bless you and your travels. Will be praying for your safety and for having a great fun trip. Love the pics. That little stone cabin looks like it came right out of one of the Louis L'Amour books I've been reading. It probably belongs in that era. Will be following you guys, living vicariously thru you. lol Anita

marilyn said...

Anita you know I love those books also and you are right it does.
Michelle we can't stop just anywhere because of our 5th wheel, but, we did pass a beautiful spanish old church while I was driving. I will email Asa and maybe he will tell me about it also.
Barb thanks for helping your mom with this I'm sure she'd enjoy the blog with pics.

Becki said...

Where's the like button?