Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breakfast with Linda and family

We arrived in Tucson Sat evening with no reservations and you can't stay at Wal-mart. Oh no. We went to the RV park we stayed at a couple years ago no luck, thought we'd try the one behind them, not even thinking they would have a spot. They did we stayed and all worked out. Went to eat with Linda and all at Ole's good food and great visiting. Aunt Esther told stories about Uncle Noel and Uncle Doug and her side of the family. Where was the tape recorder.

Had a good shot of Linda feeding her face (up on my request). Phil and Johnnie talked across the table--really we all seemed to be talking. How many times can I say great visit. We will return Sat to help Aunt Dora, who is visiting Colleen, celebrate her birthday. Can't wait.
This is our park not much here but RV's, They do have potatoe bakes, special breakfasts, cards, panko, sign up to use the laundry, no TV only cable and no mail service, very simple. But it is clean, friendly, I can see the mountains out my window and cheap. We have to use General Delivery or UPS/FedX. Went to Post Office yesterday and the lines were worse than a blue light special at Kmart.
This is a resort (RV park) across town. Landscaping, paved roads etc. etc. etc. BUT they pay the big bucks. There is no pool in town due to being in a desert. Quartzsite is usually a very small town but grows by about 10 times during Jan and Feb. The BIG rock and gem show is here.
I liked this tree. Several trees like this all over town and I was amazed at them. Took several pictures. Aren't you excited about this tree also?

6 comments:

Brother Terry said...

That resturant looks like the one we ate at with Linda and Johnny our last night in Tucson - great food and great fun. That looks a lot like a Joshua tree, but not quite. Have a great time and thanks for blogging.

Anonymous said...

I remember Gma telling stories of when the guys lived with her family- just wish I remembered the stories :-( I love the trees and all your photos of the desert land.

Anonymous said...

Terry is probably is they love this place. We are going back to Tucson Sat to help Aunt Dora celebrate her birthday. We will get to see Denise and Marsha's daughter. Great weather out here sorry about the snow there. Love you and thanks for reading.

marilyn said...

That was me commenting I don't know why I hit the anonymous button because I didn't mean too.

Anonymous said...

Well, I finally remembered that you were blogging again, and now I've caught up on your trip. I love all the pictures and your stories that go with them. I love 'traveling' along with you guys. Have a wonderful time (I know you already are) and be safe. I love you guys!! Patty (I don't know how to sign up to be anything by anonymous, so I'll just sign my name on my comment.) :)

Becki said...

I love the trees- are they dead? Glad you had a fun visit with them, I enjoy seeing pictures of the "older" people in our family-warms my heart! By the way yeah it's cold and windy but we know it could be 50+ tomorrow so it's not bad! Don't be hating on our weather, there's some bonuses to sticking it out here! Hahaha Just teasing you.