Wednesday, February 17, 2010

sites around Tucson



Last week after my physical therapy appointment we went driving around Tucson to see some of the buildings. I usually have my camera out of the bag and at hand, but I did exceptionally well on this one. I have to take it left handed and reaching across my body but I did it.
You have seen guys driving around town with there dog in there truck bed. Welllllll this beats all. If you look real close these are not dogs these are GOATS!!!!!! We laughed our heads off.



These mountains we can see from our Park and is the scenery as we take our walks twice a day. This night you can see the rain strorm moving in across the mountains I just had to go back and get my camera. Usually we watch the sun set. But this sky brought in rain and cooler weather last week. Didn't last long thou.


This is the sun setting while we were "lost" in the desert. Well really not lost but not really sure if we were on the right road let alone a road. It wasn't showing up on our GPS. We left a paved highway to see the mountain and soon the road was just a "one way" and then just "dirt" with big holes. We did have a couple of cars behind us so we felt safer and hoping that they didn't just think that we knew where we were going. After all this was a "State Park". There was alot of neat scenery and we saw a few birds and one jackalope. But I was glad to see paved highway.
Here is Old Tucson Studios. If you look at some of my other blogs you will see this phrase often "It was closed, got here to late, after hours". Well no exception here. haha This is where alot of cowboy movies or shows were made. I'm sure it was interesting. Oh well I'll well I will just turn on a cowboy movie on TV.
We have enjoyed the weather the last few days alot and have even turned on the a/c in the truck a couple of times. Still missing family back in Ks where the snow flies and the coats are buttoned tight.

No comments: