Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Audrey, our quiet funny one decided to try out for the basketball team. Would she be aggressive enough, could she keep her grades up, would she enjoy it. Only time would tell. We are so happy we got to see her begin her journey.
She attended the practices and did the drills,ran, learned to shoot and ran some more. She injured her knee doing "butt kicks" you'll have to ask her about that. After seeing Drs an MRI she decided to play. Her she is watching the game and waiting for her chance to play.

She is ready and on "her spot". She was suppose to get the rebounds, which she did, but she is not a fighter (sorta reminded me of her mom a little). Still she 's on the court.


Look here. Is she pushing that girl out of the way?


We are so proud of her. When we left town I gave her a big hug and whispered into her ear "Audrey you kick butt on that basketball court". I had been sideline coaching her, along with her mom and dad, so I decided since I wasn't going to be able to anymore I'd just go for it.

Now everyone is wondering where did the quiet Audrey go and who is this girl wearing Audreys jersey. Becki says she is playing serious basketball. She played the whole game Monday, made 3 points and got good rebounds and Valley Center girls WON there first game.
That's our girl. GO AUDREY GO You show them girl





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should say the "A" team won their first game. It is so cool and fun to see her transformation. You and DAD would really enjoy it, maybe next year it will kick in while you all are still here!!

Becki

Anita Ricks said...

Thanks Marilyn for the pictures and great news of Audrey. I also say, YOU GO GIRL! I was just chatting with her on Facebook. Wish I'd seen this before. Great job.