Friday, February 19, 2010

our park


This is our home away from home. Prince of Tucson RV Park. We have a hamburger feed every Wed noon. They are cooked good and cheap. This is just one of many things to do here. We have potlucks often. Yesterday I went to the "Red Hat Society" salad lunch. They furnished the lettuce and we each brought something to go in the salad. Gosh you can't imagine the items on the table. While I was there Phil went with the guys to a "bar" and had hamburgers. Next week the park will cook a "pig" and it is really good we attented it last year.

These are some of the birds that Phil feeds. This is a Dove and Cardinal. Several doves come and eat but only one cardinal comes We hear a Wood Pecker on the pole behind us and we see a Road Runner on the fence but they usually will not join the others and eat.


This is a Gramble Quail. There are usually about 6 of them that come over the fence for a bite to eat. They are real fun to watch. They have a little "tuft" of fuzzy stuff on top of there heads.







This little bird here is a Red Breasted House Finch. We have several of them that come around and then we have the usual sparrows and occasionaly we have seen black birds. Phil has had a good time feeding them and "talking" to them as well as just watching.
I have finally gotten my pillow sling off during the day at home. I have to wear it when I go out in a crowd and still at night I have to sleep in it. yuck. My shoulder hurts, but, I just need to get use to using it again. My therapist, Jessica, has given me exercises for my whole arm because I haven't used it for 6 weeks also. Flying home 2-26 for my 6wk dr appt and I'm beginning to do strengthening exercises still have a ways to go. I am starting to drive alittle now too YEA.
I attended Ash Wednesday with my Aunt Easter and cousins Linda and Bev. We went to the 1:00 service. I miss the quietness of the evening service, but going with this group I don't think there would be quietness then either. I enjoy going with them really. I gave up FB for Lent. (and that is all I'm going to say about that)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like your 'home away from home'. It looks like fun. I also am a fan of bird watching, and Mike has really gotten into feeding them now. Your Cardinals look different than ours. Smaller and with different coloring - even for a female.
Good news about your sling, but I bet you'll be so glad to sleep without it when you can.
Anxious to see you next week. Safe trip and all that. Love, Patty