Tuesday, February 2, 2010

plants from the desert


Phil is fascinated, as am I just not as much as he is, with the height of these Yuccas.
He is standing next to them, no trick camera work, as if I could.
This is a brushed tail yucca, that is what Phil tells me.
The one that is leaning is like the yuccas we have at home only TALLER. The trunk is as big around as a small tree.



This flowering plant is my contribution. It was growing along side the road.
Another form of yucca, we think. These get very tall never have seen them bloom but i'm sure they do. Pretty cool looking.

We seen this mountain in the distance and seeing
this "thing" going in and out of sight. Got closer and it is a person on a glider. The glider kept going higher. Phil said he had caught a thermo and he was riding it. I was worried about him going to high, but, we went on and I will never know what happened. But he definently had a great place to see the desert scenes
Moved on towards our destination Tombstone,Az




No comments: