Thursday, February 28, 2013

odds and ends of Tx.

 See have seen a lot of road signs for Kolache, and I wanted to try one.  They are fried pies.  Oh don't get me wrong they are good but my gosh big road signs for a fried pie.  This is Texas I guess.
 Can I just say Texas is really windy.  So far every one we have stayed it has been windy.  But, when it isn't windy the mosquitos come out so I say let it blow.
 At a Catholic school I saw these benches along side of their playing field.  I wonder what the opposing teams benches say.
 How long has it been since you have seen a telephone booth?  This one sits on the corner of This Way and Parking Way.
 OK grandkids, grandpa is eating his seafood gumbo on your beach of last summer. We enjoyed the memories we have of that time.  Thanks Kiddos.
 Lots of big ships going in and out.  Little tug boats pushing those big ships.

 This is a submarine sitting in the parking lot of a souvenir shop.
 I told myself that this is "my church" this morning.  Beautiful picture.  I mean the sky just opened up and let the sun shine come through.
 Bringing our home across to the island on a ferry.  I was scarred that we wouldn't fit.  It is a two lanes on each side.  We took up both lanes on our side with two cars setting next to each other in front of us and behind us.  Phil saw Dolphins.  I didn't.  I wasn't looking.
 Beautiful sunset from the beach over the sand dunes.  I might add that the sun sets in the North here

Big waves, but not for surfing I don't think.  Water to cold maybe.
Becki this is the best stop sign I have ever see.  Of course, dad doesn't stop here.




I love the "pictures" in the sand.  The lines the sea animals make, the water wave lines, the holes the crabs, ghost crabs etc make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the pictures. Will actually READ it after work:-)
Becki