Thursday, February 28, 2013

Trees and Plants of Texas


Just liked the trees lining the yard.. This old live oak tree was huge and had a limb (on the right) near the ground.  Wouldn't a picnic under this tree be great.

 So tiny and fragile looking. Yellow and Pink blossoms on same stem.
 This is for Michelle. You would have just loved this tree. The picture below is me standing underneath the tree and looking up at the sky.  I was amazed.  The trunk was hollow and so they put cement in it I guess to try to preserve it. 
 Can you see the "porch swing" hanging on the branch. Can't you just see sitting and swinging watching the water.  Actually they had it hanging facing away from the water.  Why ? Moss blowing in the wind.  Oh My.

 I just thought this was a very narley looking tree.



 
 These two pictures above are of trees that are wind swept.  It was so hard to get the real effect of it on film, so I hope you can see how they are growing naturally as the wind blew them.  There was a bay across the street. I just was so stunned by these.
These vines are growing on the sand dunes where we are camped.  It is called a Railroad Vine, Becki would just love these, there roots grow very deep (to get to the water) and they have been known to go 14" in one day. They are important here to hold the sand/soil.

No comments: