Thursday, May 14, 2009

stuff

This is the Commissary in Memphis, doesn't look like much from the outside but this is our favorite Bar B Q in Memphis. So we look forward to returning here. Notice it has Valet parking.


When we came home for the weekend it was to wet to park in Michelles drive so we parked out at the Coliseum and lucky for us Audrey had won a writing contest and was attending the Firemans Camp for 8th graders ( I know she is only in he 6th grade). So we went over and watched some of the activities. Here she is listening to the HazMat people. She enjoyed the camp.



While walking over to the camp these clowns stopped us, they were with the firefighters, the kids enjoyed there "Clowning around", well we had to bribe Rami to get into the picture. The kids love when we camp at the Coliseum. They bring there bikes out and ride all over.

I lost my next picture it was of the kids cleaning corn. We had a fish fry at Michelles Saturday evening it was pretty good. (I had chicken though). Brennan was having some problems and so they went home a little early. When he walked into there door he said I need my tester. And he tested "27" That is way to low so they got him a juice and ice cream to bring it up. He said he couldn't feel his fingers and everything was black. And Becki said he was crying and she was trying to calm him down because he didn't have energy to cry and get upset. But he told his mom he was scared. I would be too. Becki said they could give him his shot if they needed to.
When he was telling us about this he said the glucagone needle is really long.
Thanks to those who donated to support Brennan's diabetic walk - this will help bring them closer to finding a cure I hope real soon. He is so good about taking his insulin shots and poking his fingers but I hate to see him have to. And what stress this has to be for Becki and Jon trying to judge how much or how little insulin to give him. Thanks again.
We are in Independence, Mo working at an ammunition plant. They are soooooo busy here and it is so loud. We are here until 5/22 then we head to Joplin before Memphis.
Had a wonderful Moms day with my kids and got to spend a little time with my mom also.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I checked to see if there was anything new! Thank you for keeeping this blog.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I just hate reading about Brennan having trouble with his diabetes. It makes me cry for him and for Becki and Jon, too. Heck, for the whole lot of us, but I know how we feel when something is wrong with any of our kids, and I just hate it for them. I love you and your family Marilyn, and I miss you already. Please keep safe, and we'll see you when you're back in town. Love, Patty

Anonymous said...

Cambree and I are looking at your blog and she is excited to see that clown she is going to marry. Her wedding is tomorrow. Think you can make it?

Becki