Saturday, May 2, 2009

Reelfoot State Park, Tn

We are now in Memphis, Tn and I'm setting here trying to get caught up on my blog listening to the gentle pit pat pit pat of the rain on our 5th wheel.
Looking out the window the sky is dark, the air is cool and the ground is soaked so the water is just setting there looking for some where to drain. On our way here the rain was coming down hard. But we arrived safe and sound. Thank you God.

This park sets outside Tiptonville, Tn where we
called home for a couple of nights. We worked
at a plant that builds barges. Phil took a tour. The people there told us that this was a real nice fishing lake (woke up to the sound of boats) but it has alot of did I say ALOT of snakes. I change the channels when a snake comes on TV.
These are Cypress trees pretty neat looking root system and stumps. Well amongst the swirling waters around those pretty stumps I saw snakeS. My mind was soon put to ease when an older gentleman came up to us and said "do you see all those gars spawning"? Yes I do!!
Of course, I had already told Becki about the snakeS as big as my arm in the water next to my front door. I slept alot better knowing they were just alligator gars with sharp teeth, 3ft long and as big as my arm spawning outside my front door. (Laughing at me are you Linda)

Now look at these cute ducks. They were so use to people and traffic they practically stepped on your shoe as they walked in front of you. There were several mates walking around together. Now that is wild life my style.


Here is our home among the Cypress trees. I was really impressed by there height and how straight they were. This lake was formed by the Madrid earthquake back in the 1800's when the Mississippi River ran backwards. Very nice park but it was built when they made small RVs and not 35 footers with slides. Very narrow roads and slots. But quiet and awesome.


This is several barges of coal floating down the
Mississippi River. Pretty neat site to see a small boat pushing such a heavy and wide load. The River was really up due to all the rain this week. And you can tell the weather is still not clear. This was a taken from the huge bridge over the river leaving Missouri and half way across the bridge you enter Tennessee.

Heading to Jonesboro, Ark Tuesday.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting Thanks so much for sharing. I hope your have a great summer! BEL

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize how pretty it was where you were camping. Glad you took pictures.

Also, I don't know if ducks count as wildlife- do they?

Becki