Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cake and eating it too

We have another favorite place to eat in Kansas City. The 39th street grill. Has a good breakfast, my favorite meal, and Phil thinks it has a great Reuben. It also has a wonderful German Chocolate Cake and huge too. (Phil got me a piece for my birthday). This is there Banana Split Cake look at the size. Just for $6.00 you could have a slice. To expensive for me.



When we go home we are trying to catch the kids at there sports. Here is Audrey at a practice game. She is smiling even thou the other team had been together for the last 4 years and Auds team is new and only her 2nd year. What a good sport she is. The way the weather is going I have a feeling we will be able to catch another game or two when we go home for a weekend or two before going to Memphis. I HOPE.


This is a sleep over at grandma and grandpas house. Well since we have a 5th wheel we turn our living room into a wall to wall bedroom when they all stay. Cambree left about 11:00 when she felt herself falling asleep and wanted her mommie. But the other 5 are here +one, Katie a friend of Ivys spent the nite too. We watched movies. Asa slept in the rocking chair, Audrey under the window, Katie in the red shirt, Ramie in the yellow shirt and Ivy in between them somewhere. Early bird Brennan slept in the "hall" next to the kitchen table. Me well I was in my King size bed "upstairs". And all was well with the world.



Next morning the older girls and I went to church to watch Michael get confirmed. The girls will be confirmed in 2 years. Michael lived with us when he came home from the hospital at 3 months old. We set up a hospital room for him and had an on call nurse. When he was about 1 1/2 years old we chose Marci and Jeff for his parents (they go to our church and both are nurses). His social workers never thought he would live long enough to be adopted-and look at him now he is 14 years old and Confirmed . I cried. Tears of sadness because I know he didn't have to have his problems but many many tears of joy too. Love you Michael & God Bless




2 comments:

Andie said...

WOW! Lots of updates! Maybe I need to go to that throwd roll place!! :o) I can't believe how old Michael is! I'm amazed!
I miss you all!!
Andie

Andie said...

BTW...I updated my blog, too!