Monday, November 19, 2012

Scenes from our world

This is where I do laundry.  I don't much care
for climbing up and down the steps every week but it is a clean place. Has 4 washers and dryers and
I can get internet here pretty fast. We are parked way down at the end so I have to drive. $1.50 to wash $1.00 to dry.

This is the Austin Bayou we live on.  Yesterday I saw our neighbor carrying a nice pan size fish home.  Phil has a fishing pole but I don't know when he will find the time to fish yet.  The same neighbor is going deer hunting this weekend and said he will bring Phil back some deer.   And it will be all Phil's deer thank you.
Can you read this sign.  Do you see any huge eyes in the water?  Good I didn't either but there were some kids down the way throwing in apples, I think, they saw an alligator and was feeding it.ighbor  


Quintana was established in 1832 right on the coast line.  It still has cannons on the dunes to protect the area.  Now it is just a resort town and a nice RV park behind the protective dunes.
Fishing along the coastal waterway.  Surf side City is the town on the far side.  Phil fished over there last July when we were here.
Waves coming in.  It must have been high tide because you couldn't see much of the beach this time.

Loving the moss hanging on the trees.  Reminds me of one of my favorite times with the kids plus 3 extra I think. We went to Lousiana for a few weeks and played on the beach there and we saw a lot of trees with moss.  Kinda scary but neat looking.
This man was cooking the churches famous "Cheese Soup".  It was there annual Thanksgiving Feast for the community.  It was packed with crafts and etc. Lots of people.  Soup was pretty good.

Just some of the sights hopefully we will have time to go see the Christmas Lights of Galveston. They are suppose to be really good.  Dressing of Santa will be the topic of the next blog from beginning to the end.  Weather has been good.  Gets pretty warm in the afternoon and there chilly at night.  But should be great for Thanksgiving.  The schools here our out all week for Thanksgiving.

No comments: