Thursday, November 15, 2012

Arrival in Lake Jackson

I had pictures but I downloaded them onto my new computer and I can't find them. OH NO. I am so very sad. I will go to Best Buy and see if they can help me find them.

Left Kansas Tuesday morning around 9:00.  It was a good day for travel not much wind but the truck decided to be a problem. It started losing power and when you are pulling a 37' 5th wheel you need power.

Around 11:30 I got a phone call from Roberta, my cousin, I right away knew something was wrong. Sure enough she said her father had just passed away. Uncle Bob had been in pain with throat cancer and it's treatment.  The Dr told him it wasn't good this time round. I see a blessing in him passing now and not having to go through the feeding tube and all that goes with that.  And he loved his coffee and that wasn't good for him.  I wish I could have been there for Roberta, I will be praying for her.
             (Imagine pictures of  the skylines of Dallas and Houston)

We made it over Turner Falls but power was not good and I wondered what would happen if we couldn't make it over the hill.  Wanted to be thru Dallas before the rush hour so we did not take the time to stop and see Aunt Ila.  We will next trip thru thou (she will have Christmas cookies).  Went thru Dallas traffic without any problem wasn't as bad as Phil thought it would be. Spent the night in a Walmart parking lot in Ennis, Tx just south of Dallas.  Good nights sleep.

Headed to Houston Tues morning again watching the timing of traffic.  Got to Conroe and Phil found a performance diesel shop so we pulled in and had him look at the truck and found out it was a dirty turbo air filter so $20 later, yea, we were down the road again. Hit heavier traffic in Houston and with the road work it was a stretch of narrow interstate.

Got to Angleton late afternoon and set up at the RV park.  It is out in the country on the Austin Bayou. Where you can swim at your own risk. But, there are snakes, gar, red fish, trout and alligators swimming with you.  I don't think  I will get very close to the water.  Then took off and drove into Lake Jackson and saw the Brazos Mall where Phil will be Santa.  Big mall and we will check  it all out Thursday at a 2:00 meeting Phil has, so he can find out what he will be doing.

My heart is sad. Cambree is missing us because she can't come out and stay with us.  And Uncle Bob is gone and I am not there to be with Roberta or go to his funeral.

No comments: