Thursday, February 2, 2012

Parker, Az 2-1-2012

This is the Parker Dam built in 1934. 155 miles downstream of
Hoover Dam. IT is the deepest dam in the world and it straddles the border between Co and AZ.

The government wanted this land so they bull dozed down
several hundred houses because the people who built them were considered squatters.

AZ didn't want the dam built because Co was going to get the majority of the water. When the govenor of AZ found out the construction people were building on the AZ side he sent in his National Guard and stopped the construction until Washington passed a bill to build it.





The water in the Co River was clear and blue it was really pretty. We saw a couple skiers on the water and a sail boat. It was a very pretty day.











I just loved this site. If you look real close you can see the American flag on top of this mountain. It was a windy day and it was flying.




We had been looking for these critters along the highway we kept seeing their piles of poop so our eyes were on alert. They come running up out of a draw next to the road and posed for us, I think. Cars were going by and they just stood there not scared at all. The darker one was looking back at his mom I think. (Yep there was a third one).

















Great looking sign.






There coat looked to be thick and soft. I thought they were so cute. I wanted to bring one home for Cambree.

















Hey Brennan doesn't that look like fun. Just look at all
of those tire tracks.

I can just see you and Asa well and the girls too out there.

4 comments:

A.J. Bricks said...

Didn't know there were wild burros out there. They look like they were hoping to get fed. So adorable. I am sure Cambree would love one, so would I.

Anonymous said...

Those dunes looked fun, I wish I was there to ride Brennan's go cart or a 4 wheeler. I agree that Cambree would love one of those, they look about the same size as her pony.
Asa Unruh

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought you were going to do a new blog. Did you guys try to bring home a lemon tree and now you're in jail???!!! :) Patty

Anonymous said...

The donkeys are SOOOO CUTE!!!!