Saturday, September 5, 2009

Unruhs in Memphis


I was so excited when the day finally came that Michelle's were in Memphis. The hotel reservations were made, the plans made and our excitement was at its peak. I see them they are here.
The weather didn't hold together for us but that is another blog with pictures. This blog is only for the good times we had.
I had to work so Phil took the kids to the Memphis Zoo. Where they saw the elephants, monkeys, tigers etc etc etc. Here is Asa and the Polar Bears. Note Asa's hat from Wellington, Ks.
Memphis Zoo is known for the Panda Bears. They
grow the bamboo just a couple blocks from our RV
park. Ivy took lots of pictures


Then "the ride" Michelle and Laramie didn't come to see us. They just brought the kids to Memphis to see Grandpa and Grandma and then they go on a motorcycle ride. Phil had planned the route, he had been on this ride earlier and enjoyed the scenery. I think it lived up to Michelle and Laramie's expectations. They had a great time and spent the night in Nashville.



Got my pictures mixed up just a little but this is priceless. I think Michelle is saying "how do I get my leg over this?" She is our "Motorcycle Momma" while Beck and I are holding back. Maybe someday we will.
They went and eat alot of BarBQ, I did say alot.
They were on Beale Street and Mud Island. We just didn't have enough time. But enjoyed there visit so very much.
Thanks for making our time in Memphis great. So sorry about the weather.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have pictures from the zoo too, my favorite are the ones with the polar bears I love that one of Asa and the polar bear!!
Michelle