Saturday, September 26, 2009

Natchez Trace


Phil was always talking about the neat ride on the Natchez Trace. Starting in Mississippi and finishing up in Nashville. So off we went in my truck. Well all along the way he kept saying "it was better on my motorcycle" so it quickly became a long trip in my truck with a few neat sights along the way. We were going to see the water falls on the way back but it was too dark and to far to walk then. I kept thinking of the people who first walked the trail or on horseback or wagon. Glad I live in this time.
This home made add on to the RV was a neat sight to see. This man was an architech who designed and built it and lives in Texas but travels around with his dog. Does he not look like he is enjoying himself. When I asked if I could take his picture he said a lot of people take his picture. I think the dog must have already finished his drink he looks pretty relaxed and never raised his head at us. You see and meet some pretty strange people traveling.



Of course, we couldn't travel to far without Phil meeting new friends. These bikers met on a motorcycle forum and now travel on weekends together. They exchanged a few stories while I took pictures of the monument and read my book I always have with me for occasions like this.



I thought this was pretty interesting. I have seen tobacca plants drying in the barns but I don't remember seeing it blooming.

I think this is a great picture. I like to see old barns and silos.
We finished up at the Loveless Cafe and bought some Strawberry Jam and Blackberry Jam but the resturant had people lined up so we went on into Nashville and ate at Riotella's Bar. Had great hamburgers, Michelle and Laramie had eaten there on ther motorcycle trip.
It was a pretty drive I just felt that Phil didn't enjoy it near as much in the truck. But I'm still not getting on the back of his bike!



No comments: